It wasn’t my intention to give progress reports or updates about my decision to listen to the guided meditations, but since I did the first one last month, I figured I would follow up.
The meditations I listen to are: Getting into the Vortex: Guided Meditations Book and CD by Esther and Jerry Hicks
Things I noticed:
- I am more at ease mentally, though still desiring more from myself
- I can follow along with the guided breathing about 80% of the time
- I still move/fidget while sitting, but, it doesn’t bother me (never really did)
- my focus is more on breathing, whereas at first, it was on the words and music
- I sometimes notice I am looking forward to meditating
When I think about it, I am surprised I have been following these guided meditations daily for over 2 months – 30 minutes a day. (15 in morning, 15 at night)
When I ask why, that is, why am I still doing it or why did I start, I really think it goes back to realizing that what I was doing to improve my life, wasn’t working. I decided that if I wanted to change my life, I needed to take another approach, which was to focus on what I was being and how that related and lead to what I was experiencing.
So that’s been my solution – focus on and work on what I am being, first…then, move on to taking action.
It’s a bit of a slower process, but if I can continue to consciously focus each day and where I am directing my life, then, things should work out as wanted.
You hear about goals all the time and I’ve been telling myself that my goals are to be happy with who I am and where I am each day. Then, from there, take appropriate action.